You just sold your house… Now what?
You thought the stress was over but now you have a new worry – it’s moving time! You sit down and figure out your plan for packing and moving but you just know you’re not thinking of everything… Just in case I’ve got some tips for you that might make it easier to get through it in one piece!
- Pack a suitcase with clothes for a couple of days so you’re not forced to search through boxes for clothes the first night.
- Pack in small boxes.
- Mark every box. The unmarked box is not your friend.
- Now is a great time to eliminate items that you don’t really need.
- Anything of great value should be transported with you in your car.
- Don’t forget to notify the utilities. Sounds simple but this is really important.
If you use movers these tips come into play…
- Always use a well-known mover who is insured and has references.
- Have your signed contract at hand at all times so you can remind the movers what they’re supposed to be doing for you.
- As the movers to come as early in the morning as possible.
- Have family members assigned to watch the movers in different spots at all times.
I’m sure your move will go more smoothly than you imagine, and if I sold your house or helped you buy the new one you can bet I’ll be there if you need anything!