I’ll be honest with you… My last several listings have come as a result of my interest and ability in staging a home for sale. If there is one thing I love, it’s constantly updating my home and helping friends and family decorate theirs. This has come in handy since staging your home may be the second most important factor in getting it sold next to price!
Here are 10 recent staging solutions from some of my latest sales:
- A neglected front door… First impressions are critical and this was easily fixed with paint and new fixtures. Now it invites people in!
- A disorganized corner nook… What was once an afterthought we turned into a cozy reading area. Buyers can see themselves relaxing there.
- A chaotic living room… It looks much larger now that the clutter has all been stowed away. Spacious rooms are on every buyer’s list of important features.
- A too-bare family room… This is usually the room at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to decorating but we made it stand out with a couple of cheap additions from Target and Marshall’s. It doesn’t take much.
- A messy underused space… Everyone has that one spot in their home that they don’t know what to do with and it ends up collecting everyday items. In conjunction with the next item, we put the kitchen table here and it became a more casual gathering spot for meals than the dining room.
- A cluttered kitchen… The kitchen table didn’t fit and overwhelmed the space so we moved it out and now the kitchen appears twice as big. Remember, creating a feeling of space is one of the main goals of staging.
- A bathroom with everything in view… The idea here is to think “hotel” bathroom. It needs to be clean and streamlined with everyday items out of sight. Matching towels complete the look and are more than worth the small price.
- A neglected guest bedroom… We turned this into a child’s bedroom even though the owners children were grown. This made the house more appealing to families with children – and guess who ended up purchasing the house? That’s right!
- A messy master bedroom… Think “model home” here and we turned it from a storage area into an appealing retreat instead.
- An unfinished garage… We have to put all the clutter somewhere but we can turn that into a plus by building or buying shelving and showing all the storage you have.
The key is to be flexible and understand your “model perfect” home is already there! Working with a Real Estate Professional who is an expert at staging will allow you to bring out the best of what your wonderful home has to offer. It doesn’t take much, but the reward will be a quicker sale at a better price, and who doesn’t want that!