Patch is a community-specific news, information and engagement platform based out of New York. They provide the platform, but the local community editions are run by professional editors, photographers, videographers and other media professionals who live and work in the communities they serve.
What I like about it is that you can:
- Keep up with news and events
- Check out photos and videos from around town
- Learn more about local businesses and the people behind them
- Participate in discussions
- Share your perspectives via the Local Voices blogging platform
- Submit your own announcements, photos, and reviews
As with most things new and social I learned about San Ramon Patch from my kids – it’s what they use to keep up on local happenings. There are great apps for phones and tablets that make it easy to access on the go and while they do have area and national items that relate to our community, you don’t have to wade through lots of information to find the local stuff.
Not from San Ramon? Check for your local edition – chances are there is one and I think it’s worth taking a look.