Looking for a safe city to move to? From Lieutenant Denton Carlson of the San Ramon Police Department – “According to the latest FBI Uniform Crime Report on violent crimes against persons, San Ramon is the safest California city with a population over 50,000. Overall, San Ramon ranks as California’s 11th safest city. Considering we have 30,000 more residents than any other city in the top 20, San Ramon is doing quite well!”
If you are interested in checking out other cities or where yours ranks in the state, you can find the entire list here>>
Of course, there are many factors that are important when choosing where to live, and the list can be as long as you want it to be. Here are 7 more we consider important to consider in addition to safety (in no particular order):
- Environment for child rearing
- Proximity to family and friends
- Professional opportunities
- Recreational opportunities
- Climate and geography
- Cost of living
It’s part of life that you won’t be able to find every single factor important to you in one single location, so you’ll need to have your tradeoffs figured out in advance.
Richard Florida, foremost researcher on the importance of place and the author of Who’s Your City?, suggests asking yourself these questions when comparing places:
– How do you like the place you’re living now?
– Is it somewhere you really want to be?
– Does it give you energy?
– Do you feel like yourself there?
– When you walk out onto the street in the morning, does it fill you with inspiration, or stress?
– Does it allow you to be the person you really want to be?
– Are you achieving your personal goals?
– Is it a place you would recommend to your relatives and friends?
– Have you thought about moving?
– If so, what are the top three places on your radar screen?
– What do you like about them?
– Specifically, what do you think they offer you?
– How would your life be different in these places?